What you need:
- Aeropress Filter
- Wood Spoon
- A Mug
- Companie & Co fresh roasted coffee beans.
- Stand the Aeropress in an inverted position. Place the filter in the filter holder and rinse it with hot water.
- Measure 15g coffee and grind to medium fine.
- Add the ground coffee to the Aeropress.
- Start a count-up timer as you add about half of the water.
- Stir (agitate) the mixture with the wooden spoon for 15-20 seconds in a figure 8 motion, then add the rest of the water and stir briefly to integrate.
- Screw the filter onto Aeropress as the coffee rests.
- At 1:30, carefully flip the Aeropress over onto your mug and depress the plunger for 30 seconds.
VARIATIONS:This method makes a full Aeropress. To vary the strength of the brew, any of the following elements can be adjusted.
- Use less water in the coffee to water ratio to strengthen the cup. Use less coffee in the coffee to water ratio to weaken the cup.
- Increase the amount of coffee up to 20g to strengthen the cup.
- Adjust grinder setting to to produce a slightly finer grind to strengthen the cup. This will create more ground coffee particles to extract, but each grind will smaller and will extract faster. Reducing grind size can result in over extracting which can increase bitterness. Usually this method is paired with adjusting brew time.
- Increase initial agitation duration.