What you need:
- 8 cup French Press brewer
- 56g (8 Tablespoons) of fresh coffee
- Hot water just off the boil (about 205°F)
- Wooden spoon or coffee paddle
|IMMERSION||3 cups||4 cups||8 cups||12 cups|
|BREW TIME||4 min||4 min||4 min||4 min|
- Measure out 56g (about 8 Tablespoons) of coffee and grind it as coarse as breadcrumbs.
- Pour hot water—not quite boiling—into the pot, and gently stir
- Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot, stopping just above the water and ground coffee (do not plunge yet).
- At 1 minute, use a wooden spoon or spatula to break the top layer we call the crust. We prefer to use wood and not metal so you don’t accidentally crack the glass. Give it a good stir.
- Let stand for 3-4 minutes.
- Press the plunger down slowly, exerting steady pressure.
- Note: If the coffee sits on the grounds too long, it continues to extract and will become bitter.
- To clean the French Press, we find it easiest to add a little water to the grounds, give it a good swirl, and empty into the trash or compost bin.
- Use mild detergent, and dry thoroughly.