What you need:
- 8 cup French Press brewer
- Hot water just off the boil (about 205°F)
- Wooden spoon or coffee paddle
- Companie & Co fresh roasted coffee beans.
|IMMERSION||3 cups||4 cups||8 cups||12 cups|
|BREW TIME||4 min||4 min||4 min||4 min|
- Measure out the coffee for the amount you are making – 30g coffee to 500g(ml) water is a good starting point – and grind to a little bit finer than medium and place it into the french press.
- Pour filtered hot water—not quite boiling—into the french press somewhat quickly and make sure all the coffee gets wet. Start the timer.
- Let steep for 4:00 without stirring.
- At 4:00, use a wooden spoon or spatula to break the top layer we call the crust and stir for about 15 seconds in a figure eight motion. We prefer to use wood and not metal so you don’t accidentally crack the glass.
- Let stand for 3 minutes more and the coffee grinds will sink to the bottom. Any left on top can be scooped out and discarded.
- At 8:00, carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot. Press the plunger to just below the surface of the water, but be careful to not depress it all the way as to not disturb the resting coffee that has now sunk all the way to the bottom of the press.
- Pour and enjoy a non-sludgey cup of French Roast Coffee!